Vegan Italian "Sherpherd's" Pie
- 1 c. green lentils, rinsed and drained
- 2 c. water
- 1 large shallot, minced
- 2 garlic cloves
- 1 tsp. dried basil
- 1 tsp. dried oregano
- ½ tsp. fresh thyme (or 1 tsp. dried thyme), I recommend using fresh
- ¼ tsp. red pepper flakes
- ¼ c. green bell pepper, deseeded and chopped
- ¼ c. red bell pepper, deseeded and chopped
- 1 can diced tomatoes, preferably BPA and salt-free
- ¼ c. fresh parsley, chopped
- ½ tsp. salt (adjust to preferences)
- 1 18 oz. tube of premade Polenta (I got mine at Trader Joe's)
Preheat your oven to 425 degrees. Grease a 2 qt. dish, 8x8 dish, or 4 large (no larger than 14 oz) ramekins. Bring the lentils in the water to a boil. Simmer covered on low-medium heat for 15 minutes or until tender. In a large skillet over medium-high heat, sauté the shallot and garlic together until translucent. Add the herbs and red pepper flakes. Add the bell peppers into the mix and sauté for another minute. Toss the can of tomatoes, parsley and salt. Mix until well-combined and heated through. Place in your dish of choice (see above). Pour the cooked polenta on top of the lentil mix. You should have a nice thick layer. Bake for 15 minutes or until the polenta is nicely heated through. Season with salt if needed and garnish with fresh parsley.
Reviews for Vegan Italian "Sherpherd's" Pie by Fork and Beans
You must be signed in to leave a comment or vote.
I had stopped by to recommend your site to a friend.. I WILL NOT recommend you. You are using a STUPID faint grey font on white, and you are making my eyes water. If you ever have a readable font ... I won't know - I won't be back.