Protein-Rich Hot Chocolate with Peanut Butter Whipped Cream
- 1 can of full-fat coconut milk, refrigerated overnight (or at least 1 hour)
- 1 tablespoon peanut butter
- 1-2 packets of stevia or 1 teaspoon of sweetener of choice (optional)
- 1 - 1 1/4 cup almond milk (depending on size of your cup)
- 1/2 scoop Vega Sport Protein Powder
- 1 tablespoon cocoa powder (or cacao powder for a stronger chocolate)
- 1-2 tablespoons agave syrup (or coconut nectar)
- chocolate for melting (I used Vega's Maca Chocolate Bar)
Make this no more than 30 minutes before serving hot chocolate for best results. Chill the mixing bowl and the beaters that you will be using for about 30-45 minutes. Open the can of coconut milk and use a spoon to scoop out the hard, cream part that has separated from the water. Scoop it into the chilled bowl. You can save the coconut water for other uses, such as smoothies. Add the peanut butter and sweetener and blend at high speed until thick, creamy, and when you pull the beaters out of the cream, stiff peaks form. Refrigerate bowl until ready to use. Make this right before you make the hot chocolate. Place a glass bowl over a small pot of boiling water to create a double broiler. Break up the chocolate and place in the bowl. Stir until melted and glossy. Remove from heat and set aside. Blend all hot chocolate ingredients together in a blender until smooth. Pour into a small pot. Stirring occasionally, heat over medium-low heat until little bubble form around the edge and it just barely begins to simmer. Taste it to make sure it is warm enough. Pour into mug and top with whipped cream and drizzle with melted chocolate. Serve immediately. Enjoy!
Reviews for Protein-Rich Hot Chocolate with Peanut Butter Whipped Cream by Keepin' it Kind
You must be signed in to leave a comment or vote.
No comments yet. Be the first to review.