Roasted Root Vegetable Panzanella with Creamy Shallot Dressing
- 3 carrots, peeled, cut in half, and then quartered lengthwise
- 3 parsnips, peeled, cut in half, and then quartered lengthwise
- 2 medium sized rutabaga, peeled and cut into ¾-inch cubes
- 3 golden or red beets, peeled and cut into ¾-inch cubes
- 2 medium sized shallots
- 4 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 1 tablespoon maple syrup
- ½ teaspoon coarse or kosher salt
- 2 teaspoons crushed thyme
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 4 cups spicy salad greens (arugula, mizuna, mustard greens, and baby beet greens would all be great)
- 1½ tablespoons champagne vinegar (you can substitute white wine vinegar or sherry vinegar)
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- ¼ teaspoon sea salt
- 4 slices toasted bread, cut into 1-inch cubes (vegan sourdough, sprouted grain, whole wheat, your favorite gluten free bread--it's all good!)
Preheat the oven to 375. Place the carrots, parsnips, rutabaga, beets, and shallots in a large mixing bowl. Toss with one tablespoon of the olive oil, the maple syrup, the coarse salt, and a generous pinch of freshly ground black pepper. Place the vegetables on one or two parchment or foil-lined baking sheets. Roast for 30-40 minutes, stirring a few times during roasting to prevent burning or sticking, until the vegetables are golden and tender. After roasting, separate the shallots from the rest of the vegetables. Place the shallots in a blender with the remaining 3 tablespoons of olive oil, the vinegar, the mustard, the sea salt, and another pinch of black pepper. Blend till smooth (a few specks of visible shallot is fine!). Place the roasted vegetables, greens, and bread into a serving bowl. Toss with the shallot dressing. Serve.
Reviews for Roasted Root Vegetable Panzanella with Creamy Shallot Dressing by The Full Helping
You must be signed in to leave a comment or vote.
No comments yet. Be the first to review.