Coconut Lime Tea Cake (Gluten-Free)
- 1 C. All-Purpose Gluten-Free Flour (I used Bob's Red Mill brand)
- 1 C. Coconut Flour
- 1½ Tsp. Baking Powder
- 1 Tsp. Baking Soda
- 1 Tsp. Xanthan Gum
- ½ Tsp. Salt
- 1¼ C. Coconut Milk (I used TJ's brand from the ½ gallon carton)
- 1 Ener-G Egg (1½ Tsp. Ener-G egg replacer, 2 Tbs. warm water)
- Juice & Zest of 3 Organic Limes (about ¼ C. juice, 3 heaping Tbs. zest)
- ¼ C. Agave
- ¼ C. Unsweetened Applesauce
- ¼ C. Coconut Oil, melted
- 1 Tsp. Vanilla Bean Paste (or Pure Vanilla Extract)
- ¾ C. Coconut Flakes, plus 1 Tbs. more for garnish
Pre-heat oven to 350 degrees F. Lightly grease three 5½ x 3 inch loaf pans and set aside. Prepare your vegan egg by combining 1½ Tsp. Ener-G egg replacer with 2 Tbs. water. Stir until no lumps remain. In a large bowl, mix together flours, baking powder, baking soda, xanthan gum, and salt. Add the Ener-G egg, coconut milk, lime juice and zest, agave, applesauce, coconut oil, and vanilla to the dry ingredients. Stir until just combined. Fold in the coconut flakes. Transfer the batter to the greased loaf pans, garnish with the remaining coconut flakes, and bake for 30-35 minutes, until golden and a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
Reviews for Coconut Lime Tea Cake (Gluten-Free) by Pickles & Honey
You must be signed in to leave a comment or vote.
No comments yet. Be the first to review.