Gingerbread Buckwheat Pancakes
- 1 tablespoon + 1 teaspoon raw flax seeds, freshly ground
- 4 tablespoons boiling hot water
- ¾ cup buckwheat flour
- ⅓ cup brown rice flour
- ⅓ cup arrowroot powder
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1½ teaspoons ground ginger
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- ½ teaspoon fine sea salt
- ¼ teaspoon clove
- ¼ teaspoon freshly ground nutmeg
- 1½ cups unsweetened non-dairy milk (I used cashew milk)
- 2 tablespoons molasses
- 1 tablespoon maple syrup
- 1 ½ teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon melted coconut oil, plus additional for greasing the pan
Combine the ground flax and boiling water and set it aside for 3-5 minutes to thicken. In a medium mixing bowl, sift together the buckwheat flour, brown rice flour, arrowroot powder, baking powder, ground ginger, cinnamon, salt, clove and nutmeg. Pour in the non-dairy milk, molasses, maple syrup, vanilla, coconut oil, and flax mixture, and stir everything until combined. Heat a large, non-stick frying pan over medium heat. Lightly grease the pan with coconut oil and pour the pancake batter onto the pan. Cook the pancakes for 2-4 minutes per side. Plate with your favorite toppings and enjoy!
Reviews for Gingerbread Buckwheat Pancakes by Pickles & Honey
You must be signed in to leave a comment or vote.
No comments yet. Be the first to review.