Blissful Blueberry Banana Spelt Muffins (vegan + refined sugar-free)
- 3/4 cup (190 mL) mashed ripe banana (about 2 medium)
- 3/4 cup + 2 tablespoons (220 mL) unsweetened almond milk
- 1 teaspoon apple cider vinegar
- 1/4 cup (60 mL) pure maple syrup
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup (60 mL) coconut oil, melted
- 2 cups (280 g) white spelt flour
- 4 to 6 tablespoons (40 to 60 g) coconut sugar or natural cane sugar*
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 1/2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon fine grain sea salt
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 cup (50 g) walnut halves, chopped (optional)
- 1 1/4 cups (160 g) frozen or fresh blueberries**
Directions: Preheat oven to 350°F and grease a muffin tin. In a medium bowl, mash bananas and measure out 3/4 cup. If you have any leftover mashed banana you can freeze it for a smoothie. Place mashed banana into medium bowl along with the milk, vinegar, maple syrup, and vanilla. No need to stir it yet. Melt the coconut oil in a small pot over low heat. Set aside. In a large bowl, mix together the dry ingredients (flour, sugar, baking powder, cinnamon, salt, and baking soda). Stir coconut oil into the wet mixture. Pour wet ingredients onto the dry ingredients and stir until just combined. Do not overmix as spelt is a fragile little flour. Gently fold in the walnuts and then the blueberries, being sure not to overmix as this can result in dense muffins. Spoon a heaping 1/4 cup of batter into each muffin tin, filling each tin about 3/4 full (they will be almost full, but this is normal). I like to press a few extra blueberries on top of each so they look pretty after baking. Bake at 350°F for 23 to 27 minutes until a toothpick comes out clean. I baked them for 25 minutes. Cool in pan for 5 to 8 minutes and then transfer muffins to a cooling rack and cool for another 15 minutes.
Reviews for Blissful Blueberry Banana Spelt Muffins (vegan + refined sugar-free) by Oh She Glows
You must be signed in to leave a comment or vote.
No comments yet. Be the first to review.