Fat-free Vanilla or Blueberry Waffles
- 1 1/4 cups flour (I used white whole wheat)
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon potato starch
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/3 cups soy milk (or other non-dairy milk)
- 1 tablespoon cider vinegar
- 2 tablespoons agave nectar
- 1/2 vanilla bean (or 1 teaspoon vanilla extract)
- 3/4 cup blueberries (optional)
- canola oil spray
Combine the dry ingredients in a medium-sized bowl. Combine the soy milk, cider vinegar, and agave in a smaller bowl. Split the vanilla bean lengthwise and scrape the seeds into the liquid ingredients (or add vanilla extract). Pour the wet ingredients into the dry and stir just until all flour is moistened. If blueberry waffles, fold in blueberries. Set batter aside while you heat your waffle iron. Spray your waffle iron with canola oil, if necessary, and follow your iron’s instructions for making the waffles, cooking until golden brown. Makes approximately 12 waffles.
Reviews for Fat-free Vanilla or Blueberry Waffles by FatFree Vegan Kitchen
You must be signed in to leave a comment or vote.
No comments yet. Be the first to review.