Ginger Hot Chocolate
- 2 cups milk (I used unsweetened vanilla almond; coconut or cow's would work well, too)
- 1 cup water
- sweetener to taste (I used 1 packet non-bitter stevia, but agave, raw sugar, honey, etc. would work fine, too)
- 1/4-1/2 tsp ground or fresh grated ginger (depending on preference)
- 1/4 cup cocoa or cacao powder
- pinch sea salt
- 1 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 2-3 ginger candies (optional)
Heat the milk and water in a medium saucepan. Once it comes to a simmer, reduce heat slightly and whisk in cocoa powder, sea salt and ginger. Whisk vigorously to incorporate. Once the cocoa is hot enough for your liking (about 3-5 minutes), remove from heat and add vanilla extract. Stir once more. Take your ginger candies and rub them along the rims of your serving glasses or mugs. Eat or discard; they get mushy when added to the beverage. Pour in hot cocoa and top with coconut cream, whipped cream or marshmallows - whatever you like.
Reviews for Ginger Hot Chocolate by Minimalist Baker
You must be signed in to leave a comment or vote.
No comments yet. Be the first to review.