Homemade Pumpkin Spice Latte with Salted Pumpkin Spice Syrup
- 1/2 cup coconut sugar
- 1/2 cup pure maple syrup
- 1/3 cup unsweetened pumpkin purée*
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly grated nutmeg
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1/4 teaspoon pink Himalayan sea salt or other fine sea salt, or to taste
- 1/4 teaspoon pure vanilla bean powder or 1 vanilla bean, seeded or 1/2 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 2 tablespoons (1 shot/1 ounce) espresso
- 1 cup unsweetened almond milk
- 3-4 teaspoons Salted Pumpkin Spice Syrup
- Coconut Whipped Cream, for garnish (optional - I usually skip it)
- Dash cinnamon or pumpkin pie spice, for garnish
Directions: For the Pumpkin Spice Syrup: Whisk together all syrup ingredients in a medium pot over medium heat. Simmer for about 5-6 minutes, stirring frequently, until smooth and slightly thickened. Remove from heat. Once cool, pour leftovers into a jar and secure lid. Prepare the espresso. Tip: I like to buy a few espresso shots from the coffee shop since I don’t have an espresso maker. I keep leftovers in the fridge for 1-2 days and reheat as needed. Add milk into a small pot. Heat over medium and bring to a simmer. Immediately remove from heat. Froth the milk using a milk frother or a French Press. Tip: I use my French Press to froth the milk. Simply add the heated milk into the press and secure lid (make sure it’s closed and not vented). Pump the plunger vigorously for about 30-60 seconds. Be careful as the hot milk can shoot out a bit. Pour hot espresso into a mug. Top with all of the frothy milk. Add 3-4 teaspoons of the syrup, to taste, and gently stir to combine. Top with a dash of cinnamon or pumpkin pie spice, and Coconut Whipped Cream, if desired. Serve immediately. The syrup will keep in an air-tight container in the fridge for at least 2 weeks, most likely longer. You can use it in regular coffee too, or try stirring it into a bowl of hot oatmeal for a seasonal twist!
Reviews for Homemade Pumpkin Spice Latte with Salted Pumpkin Spice Syrup by Oh She Glows
You must be signed in to leave a comment or vote.
No comments yet. Be the first to review.